Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 20.0: October 31st, 1999

My Favorite Daydream
by Belinda Roddie

I've always wanted to fly, to soar across the sky with the wind beneath my arms. That's what I love to daydream about! I daydream about flying everywhere I go, including malls, school, soccer games, etc.

A lot of people want to fly, and I'm one of them. Sometimes I daydream about flying so much; it feels like I'm in a different galaxy! I don't pay attention because I love daydreaming about flying so much.

Oh, sure, people love to daydream about being famous or having an imaginary friend, but what about flying? Some people I know daydream about flying. They don't think flying's useful!

I think flying's the best way to travel. Traveling by car's okay. Boats aren't bad. Trains, fine. But flying is the best, and I mean best, way to travel.

Flying would be my favorite hobby if I could fly. I daydream about flying over the world like an airplane, flying over tall buildings, or just flying a few feet above the ground. I never daydream about anything else, since flying is my favorite daydream.

The work you see here has not been edited nor altered since October 31st, 1999.

***

Fun fact: I used the word "fly" in some form sixteen times in this class assignment. I used the word "daydream" in some form nine times. Seeing as there are only 179 words in the assignment, that means two words took up nearly 14% of the word count.

Fortunately, I think my vocabulary's expanded quite a bit over the past thirteen years.

Honestly, I think this piece serves as a brilliant example of child psychology, because thinking back...I rarely daydreamed about flying. What did I really ruminate about? Wouldn't you like to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues