Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 29.0: December 30th, 2007

Momentary Music
by Belinda Roddie 

Across the way, we meet eyes
Only momentarily in the dimly lit restaurant,
The kind with a French name that soothes the tongue
But not the mind.
As your sight is only sided by the sun spying through windows,
You look at me in an unfiltered light
Reflected off your wine glass,
As the golden drops of the grapevine crystallize
Upon your lips,
But you don’t mind.

Momentarily, that’s all.
I let my eyes survey the tablecloth,
The chandeliers, anything
To keep away from your gaze.
But the afternoon air makes my bones feel fragile.
I raise my head one more time
To see you as nothing but a silhouette
Similar to a violinist while a concerto plays,
Hidden behind sheets of music.
Yet as I rise to leave and pay,
I will always remember
What sweet music you play.

The work you see here has not been edited nor modified since December 30th, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues