Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 74.0: November 22nd, 2007

Echoes
by Belinda Roddie

Edging towards the great crevasse
I let my speeches, dialogues,
And theories on my own desires
Tumble down below
And as I see them take brand new shapes
That of a legend or a fairy tale
I slowly realize that my very words
Are ageless, words one’s heard before
Indeed, they have been heard before.
 
I sit on the edge of the great abyss
Watching once forgotten images
Yet I cannot separate
Which have not yet passed and which are memories
It is difficult indeed
To define dreams from reality
And as horizon caresses my brow
I let new words form on my tongue
Yet as they fall, I find that they are merely echoing
Those already said so many ages ago
And I refrain from speaking long enough
To let my thoughts settle, for though words
May be repeated, dreams occur once
And nevermore.

The work you see here has not been edited nor altered since November 22nd, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues