Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow, it's been a week! It's been a great week, though. I love my new job, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when I'll be dressing up for my girlfriend's parents' Halloween party.

Working at the bookstore has been a blast thus far. Obviously, there's a lot we have to do before we open it. I've been lifting boxes, scanning books, hammering pegs to put shelves on, shelving books, and all around enjoying myself. I've tired out my arms, gotten bruises and splinters, and enjoyed the company of some funny and smart coworkers. It's been a lot of fun, and I really want to keep working at this place after it's officially opened.

There's even bigger news for me to share, however, than my first week of work. My handful of readers, I have snagged an apartment.

It's a beautiful, affordable place on the waterfront in a city south of my hometown. It's close to a bus stop that can get me very close to my workplace very quickly. And, most importantly, it's a huge step for me in my quest to become an independent adult. It's awesome.

I'm psyched. My girlfriend and sister, who will be living with me, are psyched. We all have full time jobs and can pay the rent, and though we'll be poor, we'll be living it up. I'm excited and nervous and anxious and happy all at the same time. It's a weird combination, but also a rejuvenating cocktail of emotion at the same time.

Things are looking up. I'll be always writing, of course, especially while working at a bookstore being surrounded by glorious literature. Thanks for all your support, my few readers, and stayed tuned for more and (hopefully) better news as I continue to progress in the confusing game that is called adulthood.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I hate writing, I love having written.
- Dorothy Parker

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues