Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

My handful of readers, I am happy to announce that, on this welcome rainy night, I am taking on a special project with my girlfriend and my sister.

No, it is not like any writing project I have taken on. It is not a film, or a novel, or a wild collection of poems. And while my girlfriend has requested that I keep this all on the DL until things are started and finalized, I can safely say that I am very, very excited about it.

Considering my low number of hours at the bookstore, my struggle with teaching credential programs, and other attempts at finding things to do or work on, I'm glad that something, with a little inspiration from a college acquaintance, has sprung up to build my creativity and enthusiasm. And I sincerely hope that when we roll this baby out it will be well-received and garner interest in more than just one community.

And that's all I'm going to say about it. No spoilers. Shhhh.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Any writer worth his salt writes to please himself...It's a self-exploratory operation that is endless. An exorcism of not necessarily his demon, but of his divine discontent.
- Harper Lee

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues