Saturday's Storyteller: "I am the queen of this carpet square!"

by Belinda Roddie

"I am the queen of this carpet square!"

"You sure are."

"Aaron."

"Well, are you or are you not a queen?"

"Just bring me my tiara already!

"Why that particular carpet square, though?"

"What?"

"I said, why that carpet square? I mean, you could not have picked a dirtier spot."

"Well, it's a good square. It's soft."

"John."

"And cozy."

"John."

"And I can sleep in and dream happy dreams and be a happy little queen kitten."

"John."

"Just like Zelda."

"Yeah, about that...Zelda pissed there earlier, dude."

"..."

"Yeah, I'm serious. Just outright pissed there. Guess she decided the litter box was her nemesis for the day.

"..."

"So I am really surprised you did not smell the urine from a mile away before you sat down on it and christened it as your throne."

"..."

"John?"

"..."

"John, I didn't traumatize you, did I?"
"..."

"Oh, God. Fuck, John. I broke you. I didn't mean to break you. Here, I'll get an emergency beer."

"No."

"...What?"

"Kiss me."

"Oh, for fuck's sake!"

"Kiss me, Aaron! It's the only way to make up for Zelda's pissing on my wonderful carpet square!"

"I am not Zelda!"

"Well, I'm not kissing the cat, now, am I?"

"John!"

"Kiss me, you fool!"

"No!"

"Kiss your queen!"

"You are not winning this one, John!"

"Fine. Get me my tiara and that emergency beer."

"Okay."

"Then kiss me."

"Damn it, John, that is not an option and never will be!"

"A girl can only dream!"

"You are not a girl!"

"No, but I am a queen!"

"Well, your highness, kindly stuff it!"

"Only if you kiss me!"

"I'm going to bed."

"I hope Zelda pissed in it!"

"Shush!"

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues