Tonight's Poet Corner: SQL Error

SQL Error
by Belinda Roddie

My fingers are fragmenting into long,
helpless strings of code, leading to
no man's land. The data is thin and finite,
the computer language meaning as little
as ancient runes washed away by metallic
soil. Untranslatable and unsalvagable.

When my core erupts, I will expect the fire
to spread to every fiber that ties my alloy
together. I never had flesh to begin with.
My mortal spirit has withered into air
that smells and tastes like hot copper.

The bride will walk down the aisle, and I
will be standing on the other end of it. When
she asks why I am here, I will take her hand,
and she will disintegrate into cyberdust
against my artificial lips. Our love is
tangible in that it can be rewritten
and reprogrammed, our x's and o's the new
binary in a very strange land of scraps
and desperate human shrapnel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues