Freeform Friday: Puerile

Puerile
by Belinda Roddie

Here they are: the puerile portraits of my own juvenile delinquency.

Note the femininity in attire in the very early phases.

In future years, we emphasize the choice in a white polo shirt.

See how, in swimming pools, I purify my soul with chlorine.

See how, in these photographs, my father smiles with ease.

I am unashamed of my past, though I would never relive it, no matter how much you paid me.

Well...I'd maybe settle for a Benjamin if I went back with the adult brain I have now.

But that's asking for too much, isn't it?

Funny how advanced technology still produces poor renderings of photos done on film.

The cinematic, at long last, is finished.

Now the real games can begin.

The games of me forging delusions on binder paper and bound journals.

The amusements of lies and the grandiosities of rejection.

The wide-eyed naivety before adolescence punched me in the imaginary nads.

To my past self:

You'll be much happer in a couple of decades or so.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues