Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 4.0: January 21st, 2007

Give it a Try
by Belinda Roddie

Toucan Dan, sitting on a telephone wire
Watching the world through microscope eyes
Biding his time, sensing a storm from the south
That’s Texas, not Arkansas

Panther comes running from his house
On the prowl, saying, “Won’t you come down?
My bills aren’t paid and I need to get laid,
Give me words of advice, I’m in shame, I’m in shock
I’m not the beast I was.”

“Run, give it a try,” says Dan as nicely as he can
Panther goes racing through the stars
Blending with darkness, turning and twisting
Laughing until he’s consumed
And his constellation stays where all Texans can see it
And Toucan Dan’s all grin and no gloom

The work you see here has not been edited nor altered since January 21st of 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues