Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 18.0: September 7th, 2009

High Roman Status
by Belinda Roddie

People ask me if I want to be a martyr,
some kind of gladiator who stumbles into the arena
just to rip out some poor guy's heart out of his chest
like he's parodying the Indiana Jones movies.
I say, "No, none of that shit."
I want to be High Roman Status.
I want to be the emperor surrounded by fawning ladies,
second only to Zeus, so he doesn't get pissed off
and try to smite me with lightning bolts or curse me,
or maybe fuck my lover and have his jealous
bitch of a wife turn her into some form of cattle."

The work you see here has only been slightly modified for mechanics and errors since September 7th, 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues