Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So it is late and I am le tired after watching my sister do marvelously in She Stoops To Conquer (She played the lead female!), so I am going to break down my thoughts for the week in bullet points. Ready, go.

- The hot word right now is not election, at least not to me. The hot word in my book is copyright. While SOPA and PIPA were indefinitely postponed (jooooooy!), the Supreme Court recently ruled that it's okay for Congress to bring foreign work out of the public domain and back into copyright status. While as a writer, I'm all for copyright and such - is it really the government's place to re-copyright stuff and ultimately risk perpetual copyright fees? Lots of art venues rely on public domain works like plays, musicals, and symphonies to thrive. It's spreading the work, not hurting it. But maybe I'm just too flexible with that kind of stuff. I like to think I'm right, though. Don't we all?

- I got hooked up for two interviews: One for an instructional assistant job and one for an editorial assistant job. Definitely more up my alley than my previous workplaces.

- Took a look at some Mayan stuff because I was curious and no one can stop freaking out about 2012. Did you know that the Mayans never predicted the apocalypse and that none of their calendars (the round calendar) could go past 52 years? I know! Crazy, right? We're not gonna die and doomsayers selling books are wrong, just like every other doomsday prediction in history!

- My sister is an awesome actress. 'Nough said.

I'm thinking I won't really put up recommendations for these introspective posts unless I really really really want to recommend stuff. Like it's hot on my brain. Because otherwise I feel like I'm just choking recommendations out of my cerebral cortex's metaphorical throat. Or like...wringing out my gray matter like a sponge. But I will always provide a quotation:

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent re-writer.
- James Michener

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues