Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This post marks the 501st post I've written for this blog, meaning I have hit the 500-mark for My Cardboard Balcony. That being said, let's celebrate by sharing stats that no one else but me cares about!

Since September 14th, 2011 (not including the 4 OneWords I posted from years prior), I have written/posted:

~241 OneWords (even though it's been 245 days and I've tried to post every single day, I missed 4 OneWords due to vacation or due to the website not being updated with a new prompt)
- 36 Introspections (for 36 weeks of blogging)
- 36 Sonnet Solstices
- 36 Whims of the Time Traveler
~108 other poems
- 35 Storytellers (36th will be tomorrow)

Of the Storytellers, the ratio of prompts versus providers is as follows:

~28.5% (or 10) of the prompts were provided by my friend Daniel Bulone. He will also be providing his 11th prompt for tomorrow's Storyteller.
~17.15% (or 6) of the prompts were provided by my sister Jocelyn Roddie.
~Another 17.15% (or 6) of the prompts were provided by my girlfriend Arden Kilzer.
~8.5% (or 3) of the prompts were provided by my friend Josh Low.
~My friends Chris Aichler, Roger Collins, Daniel Menist, Ray Nelson, Antony Walsh, and "Invictus" each provided ~2.8% (or 1) of the prompts.
~2.8% (or 1) of the Storytellers had no prompt at all.

My blog has received, as of now, 5,601 hits. Though I am pretty sure that more than two-thirds of those hits were caused by non-humans.

Damn bots.

The post to receive the most hits is What the Everloving, a poem I wrote for Poet Corner on April 3rd, 2012, with a total of 61 hits. Once again, I'm pretty sure at least 75% of those hits were by spam bots.

Seriously, I didn't invite them to the party.

The post to receive the second most hits is "Guy walks into a bar and says, 'Ouch,'" a Storyteller I wrote on November 26th, 2011 (prompt provided by the beautiful Arden Kilzer, my girlfriend), with a total of 27 hits. I'm hoping that all of those hits were provided by organisms with a working blood supply.

The majority of my audience is from the United States. Big shocker.

Most interesting search keywords for my blog: "and the fedora had a very nice"

No, seriously. That really happened.

But of course, the most common search keywords are cardboard balcony. Probably people wanted tips to make an actual cardboard balcony...and then I crushed their hopes and dreams.

Anyway, it's been a blast to be writing so far, and here's to 500 posts...and then 500 more...and then 500 more...and then 500 more...and then...

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I'd rather be caught holding up a bank than stealing so much as a two-word phrase from another writer.
- Jack Smith

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues