Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Yesterday, I held the last day of class for my second graders at the afterschool program I worked at.

Some of them I really hated to say goodbye to. Many of them had this amazing spirit - this ability to be themselves, however strong or cute or sassy they were. While others have a lot to work on to become better individuals, lots of my students blew me away with their enthusiasm, confidence, bravery, and creativity.

Two parents gave me flowers - one a single large pink rose, the other a bouquet of mums and red roses. They are in a vase now, on the coffee table, and they are so beautiful. I will treasure their appreciation and remember how much they helped me remember my Spanish (haha!).

Most importantly, as one chapter ends, I will be an instructor at a summer program at a different school. There will be new students, new co-workers, and a whole new environment. Will it be insane? Will it be challenging? Will it be enlightening? Or will it be all of the above?

All I know is that I look forward to it. And as I approach my twenty-third birthday, I see my world changing. And through it all, I grow. And I am thankful for everything.

Writer's Quotation of the Month:

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.
- Lord Byron

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues