Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 43.0: April 16th, 2007

Four Motives, Four Locomotives
by Belinda Roddie

I rode upon the train marked Stallion
Bearing my old war medallion
Capped with rotting gold
And Stallion kicked and strutted high
From tumbling through the cold
To crush the frost with spinning hooves
That toppled on battalions
So was it I rode Stallion

I hopped the next train red-stamped Lion
Bearing crest of family, trying
Not to show my pride
But Lion roared with pride of own
And trampled countryside
While mud and grass were scattered far
By paws that spurred the dying
So did I conquer Lion

The third I leapt upon was Dragon
Drinking heavily from flagon
I recalled my sin
While Dragon snorted blackened flame
And burnt blue horizon
Were made with wings, the tracks forgot,
It’d sail without wheels lagging
So dreamed I riding Dragon

My nightmare nearly through, on Thunder
Was my heart then torn asunder
By my wish for home
But Thunder yearned to make me wail
As lightning lashed my bones
And locomotive raged through storm
That thrust me down and under
So was the ride of Thunder

And all four trains bore all my pains
Of war and pride and hunger
So did I pass the darkened plains
That ever made me wonder
If I would ever leave this train
Called Stallion, Lion, Dragon, slain
By simple, raging Thunder

The work you see here has not been edited nor altered since April 16th, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues