Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 44.0: June 11th, 2007

The Effects of Love
by Belinda Roddie

Getting to know you and love you was one of the harder things in life
Especially because of your so very charming and noble wife
Who kept everything so perfectly clean, like the feminine being
Which from the surface of society I’ve been trying to glean

And now here we are, once more, on the patio by the front door
And I wait for you to loosen my collar and kiss and heal the sores
Upon my throat, all festering, as I muster up the strength
To clasp your fingers in mine and breathe you in at length

Getting to know you and love you was one of the hardest things in life
But don’t worry, you won’t have to think about your jealous wife
I took care of her in the kitchen with a fork and knife

The work you see here has not been edited nor altered since June 11th, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues