Saturday's Storyteller: "I like potatoes."

"I like potatoes."

"Okay, then."

"No, I mean I really like potatoes. Mashed, scalloped, baked, boiled, whatever."

"Last time it was cheesecake, John. Now it's potatoes?"

"Drunks aren't picky. What comes to mind comes to mind."

"You're particularly verbose tonight."

"Liqueur makes me verbose. Beer makes me stupid."

"John..."

"It makes me stupid."

"Okay..."

"Very stupid!"

"I got it."

"So can we have potatoes?"

"What?"

"Can we have potatoes?"

"I don't think we have those in the house."

"Go buy some!"

"Hell, no. You buy them."

"I am not walking to the grocery store to buy potatoes!"

"You're the one who said he wanted them!"

"Yeah...but actually getting them requires effort."

"I'm not getting you potatoes."

"Not even already prepared ones?"

"No."

"The ones with bacon bits and green onions and everything?"

"No."

"...Really?"

"No."

"Screw you, Aaron."

"No thanks."

"You know you want to cuddle!"

"No. No, I don't."


"With potatoes!"

"No potatoes."

"Do it, Aaron!"

"Dude, get away from me."


"Love me, damn you!"

"Ahhhhh, get off me! Get off me!"

"Dogpile!"

 "Noooo!"

"..."


"..."

"..."

"..."

"So when this is over, can you get some spuds?"


"...I hate you so much, John."

"Oh, just shut up and cuddle."

This week's prompt was provided by Ellen Gavazza.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues