Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

As I've done before, I will be spending the night at my family's cabin. Which means no internet for a while. Which also means that while my Saturday OneWord may be on time (since I still have computer access tomorrow morning and early afternoon), my Storyteller will definitely not be.

Fear not, oh very few readers. It will happen.

Big news, though: While I still have been working on my TV script, due to a very fabulous video by Todrick Hall, I have been inspired to write a very campy and very, very gay novel titled The Sequined Door. I'm not going to give a whole lot away, but let's just say it involves a good dose of wit and drama, some magical realism, lots of fashion, drag queens, and some good old-fashioned lesbian romance.

In my furthest dreams, I would like this to be published so proceeds can go to Legalise Love and The Trevor Project, in order to support same-sex marriage and those LGBT youth who are in need of our support. Needless to say, I am feverishly writing this novel and have only taken a break because I need to write out this introspection before midnight approacheth. I am on Chapter Six and I will most likely be even farther once I go to bed. In total, I have typed over 14,377 words in less than twelve hours.

So that's my newest project, and I'ma keep working on it until I have to hit the hay. Here's your writing philosophy for the night!

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money.
- Jules Renard

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone - whether it's relaxing or productive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues