Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So. Kind of a lousy end to the week, mostly because of my health. I kind of lost my voice due to a cold, so I had to take one and a half days off of work because I wasn't willing to completely throw my voice out teaching my students. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually missed working. It's weird to stay at home on a weekday because at first you think it's wonderful and you'll have so much to do and so much free time to enjoy, when in the end, you feel like you have too much free time and you're just sitting at your computer re-checking Tumblr for the tenth time in an hour.

But what do I know. Maybe I've been sucked into the vortex of the 5-day work week, and I'm now a pawn of the system and can't accept that a day away is a day of creative freedom that doesn't need to be swallowed up by social media and blatant consumerism! Oh, who am I kidding. I just use time to think too much. And thinking too much causes the side effect of anxiety.

I wanted to let my few readers know that I will not be putting up OneWords for tomorrow or Sunday. This is because I'll be up at Cazadero at the good old family cabin that you may have heard about in my previous blog entries. Cazadero is actually the inspiration for my novel's setting (called Pensalado), and it's a gorgeous place where I can get away from computers and cellphones and TVs and just enjoy nature and vinyl records and board games and good food and company. So of course, that means no internet, and no way to post blog entries.

Tomorrow before I leave, I will take the time to write out a NaNoWriMo status update in lieu of Saturday's Storyteller. My novel, too, will be left alone until I get back home on Monday, most likely in the late afternoon. No work that day because of Veteran's Day on Sunday.

So yeah. I am excited about my novel, but I won't divulge much about my project because that would mean my Saturday entry would be meaningless. Let's just say I'm working hard job-wise and writing-wise, even being called the Dorothy Parker of Poetry Farm (an open mike night at a coffee shop in my hometown every second Monday of the month. I just might have to become a regular). My poetry, in short, was well received by the enthusiasts, so I'm going to keep up the appearances. That, and I got to catch up with my high school creative writing teacher and let her know how I was doing. I like to think that she's proud of me.

That's about it. Here's a quotation:

Writer's Quotation of the Night:
 
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- Maya Angelou

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues