Saturday's Storyteller: "Well, that changes things."

by Belinda Roddie

"Well, that changes things."


"What changes what?"

"We're out of Jack."

"Out of what?"

"Jack."

"Um..."

"Jack Daniel's?"

"Oh. Right."

"Seriously, Aaron, aren't you on a first name basis with Jack already?"

"No, because it's a drink, not a person."

"And you think I'm drunk."

"You are drunk!"

"Correction: I'm tipsy. Tip. See. The tip sees you."

"John."

"The tip sees everyone."

"So no Jack means no more drinking, right?"

"Nope!
It's Christmas time! I'm gonna open up some schnapps!"

"Wait, what?"

"Schnaaaaaapps!"

"Oh, no..."


"Peppermint schnapps ahoy!"

"No-no-no-no-no, I am not in the mood for - "

"C'mon, Aaron, where's your holiday spirit?"

"I don't know."

"I think it's in the closet."

"John!"

"Oooh! We have hot cocoa mix! And you know what the only thing better than hot chocolate is?"


"My own apartment and a bottle of tranquilizer?"

"Spiked hot chocolate!"

"Okay, I'll give that a close second, but - wait, no! No! I'm not - "

"Aaron. Seriously. Look at you. Look at me. We're two buddies with chocolate mix and a bottle of peppermint schnapps. Are you seriously going to go Ebenezer Scrooge on me?"

"...Maybe."

"Bah, humbug!"

"Ugh."

"Seriously, you try it, dude. Bah, humbug."

"John..."

"Bah, humbug!"

"Fine! Jesus, fine! I'll have some spiked hot cocoa!"

"Yay! I knew I'd find a way to soften you up! To the kitchen, cacao lover!"

"I resent you calling me lover."

"But you don't resent licking cacao off my back, right?"

"John, I swear to God - "

"Wheeeeee! Happy Hanukkah, everyone!"


"Merry Christmas."

"Christmaaaaaas!"

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues