Tonight's Poet Corner: Say The Magic Word

Say The Magic Word
by Belinda Roddie

Just say the magic word.
I won't tell anyone you said it.
Whisper it in my mangled ear,
the one with a missing lobe where a
mutt chewed the loose, loose skin.

Hold my hand as you chant the spell.
It has nothing to do with manners.
It's a name spooned up with hot tomato
bisque. It's a clove of garlic mashed
into the shape of a pulp plate. It stings a
bit when it's in your mouth, but the flavor is
palpable and potent.

You want to say the word.
It's not "love" or "presto" or "yes."
It's a threaded needle tipped with salt, a
temptation dangling from a yo-yo string.
You want to dent my chin with your teeth,
lick my nose with two tines on a slippery fork.
Just say the magic word.
I will never leave your side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues