Tonight's Poet Corner: Time To Be A Pain

Time To Be A Pain
by Belinda Roddie

I'll hover around your bedside until you
wrap your arms around my pelvis,
drag me toward the cavern of sheets,
nuzzle me between your goodies, and
swing me round and round in dream land
on a rainbow tire lifted by a neon rope. Yep,

time to be a royal pain in the
ass until you love me, damn it,
love me, until my eyes dry out and my tongue
goes gray and my words flop out like loose
flags flapping in the stale Confederate breeze.
Don't make me beg for a crisis, to get you to

pity me. I don't want to be pitied. I want the
absolute chaos of your body against mine,
warm syrupy goddess sugar seeping over my
pores, clogging them, until I break out in big, red
stars, and I light up like the Milky Way on E,
swiveling, swaying, until I collapse against your
chest, breathe in once, and start leaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues