Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week certainly started with a bang and ended with a whimper.

Right now, there are fewer than twenty days left in the elementary school year. My students are totally checked out. I'm almost checking out. I'm becoming more and more stressed in my work and find myself becoming sloppier. This first part of the week was no exception to the culmination of mental anxiety and exhaustion that took hold of me.

Ultimately, mental compromise lends itself to physical problems. In short, I got very, very tired. So I took a day and a half off of work.

And honestly, I wish there was more I can say. I thought about reviewing The Great Gatsby since I just saw it in theaters with a friend (she just turned twenty-four, so I gave her candy. Yay), but no energy. I've been able to work on my miniseries project pretty aptly and would like to go into detail on it, but no energy. I even have a lot to look forward to next week, when I get to celebrate my two-year anniversary with my girlfriend during Memorial Day Weekend. I'd talk about our plans and my blatant lovey-dovey feelings for mo chuisle, but - surprise, surprise! No energy.

So I will be sleeping. Tomorrow is another day. So is Sunday. By Monday, I hope I will have been rejuvenated somewhat. I despise missing work, especially when I severely need the hours. So I'm going to relax for a bit, then crack my knuckles and jump in again. It's the most I can do as I prepare for the ultimate changes to my routine after my job commitment ends, my girlfriend graduates and looks for work, and I try to find a way to move forward in my life.

Wish me all the luck.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

For me, writing a novel is like having a dream. Writing a novel lets me intentionally dream while I'm still awake. I can continue yesterday's dream today, something you can't normally do in everyday life.
- Haruki Murakami

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD