Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 93.0: April 2011

To Love Poems
by Belinda Roddie

all I can offer is
percussive experience,
tom-tom heartaches and
timpani heartbreaks,
but what do I know besides

wishy-washy wishes
and projecting my own
insecurities to a
white-knuckled,
neck-cracking,
finger-snapping
audience
who probably knows where my
hands have been.
yet all I hear
as I stare at

rainbow hips and neon lips kissing
dew off the bumps on my face
is the incessant lub-dub,
love-dub, hug-love,

fuck-love
right in the tender spot below the
leather belt that
some would prefer for
spanking.
spare me the

pretense of a
blue-leaved lover
or tell me that
running away
from the brink of desperation
rips the road out
from under my boots and
brings me back to
kaleidoscope focus.
there’s a pattern

riding on horseback and
shooting a colt dragoon at the
first aid membrane sealing my
infantile fate.

all I can do is
bleed the pattern,
all the blacks and
blues, and

blow out the
waxy wick on my hot tongue
and then – then – I’ll pull a
semi-solid hallucination out
from between my teeth and
write another

love poem.

The work you see here was written in April of 2011. It was last edited on June 14th, 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues