Friday's Whims of the Time Traveler 96.0: Fall 2009

False Prophet 
by Belinda Roddie

Let me be your false prophet
Let me walk across your swimming pool
Let me sleep on your couch and drink your wine
And whisper your fate into your ear each night

Let me be your false prophet
Let me promise you bread with milk and honey
And sugar by the spoonful
Let me reenact each sinner’s sin
And bring miracles to life in front of your friends

Let me eat your fruits of labor, scour your family albums,
Read your golden bible to your children in foreign tongues
In languages they cannot understand
Let me drive out all your demons and make them dance
On the table in your living room

Let me be your very own false prophet
Until your savior turns on you

The work you see here was written in the fall of 2009. It was last edited in December of the same year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues