Saturday's Storyteller: "Just kidding about the not-having-mono thing."

by Belinda Roddie

"Just kidding about the not-having-mono thing."

"What?!"

"Yeah...sorry...mind handing me another pillow?"

"John! I sipped from your cup!"

"Oh, you'll be fine."

"I sipped from the same straw!"

"Hey, you don't know. Maybe I got it from you."

"I've never had mono."

"Some people don't show symptoms. Some people just get the virus and it lives in 'em. Maybe that's it."

"But I've never shared a drink with you."

"Bullshit."

"John."

"Bullllllshiiiiit. Remember how many forty ounces we've passed around?"

"Yeah, but that was back in freshman year of col - "

"And the times we drank from the same whiskey bottle..."

"We had no glasses! And I was cold!"

"Not to mention how many times we just reused dirty pint glasses over and over and over - "

"That's still no proof that I gave you mono!"

"Hey, it's not like I wanted it, Aaron!"

"So...I'm guessing you'll be in bed for about four months?"

"Nah. Doctor says it's mild. Just need to take some painkillers for the tonsilitis and not overexert myself too much."

"But no drinking."

"..."

"John. No drinking."

"..."

"You cannot drink when you have a virus!"

"Why must you pain me with that reminder, Aaron?!"

"Just...just go eat some ice cream and take a nap."

"But I have rum on the ice cream?"

"No!"

"Killjoy!"

"If you need me, I'll be spraying down every single fucking item in this department with bleach!"

"Have fun!"

"So help me God if I get sick, John!"

"Hey, if you do, we can cuddle together!"

"Aggggggh!"

This week's prompt was provided by Arden Kilzer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues