Tonight's Poet Corner: Yes, Again

Yes, Again
by Belinda Roddie

Yes, again. I want to
try it all over again. I want to sip whiskey
from a mug instead of a shotglass. I want
fireworks instead of campfires, hot peppers
instead of s'mores. I want to abandon California
and climb up to Cusco, where the air is thin,
but the atmosphere is fresh and, though simple,
the struggle is soulful.

I want to discard first world problems,
cut the cable of my laptop fantasies,
read more books, drink more nectar,
stow away on ships, smuggle salt,
and light a thousand fuses to go off
simultaneously in ten thousand brains.
Because once everything short-circuits,
I will be the only flare left alive.

Though I do need to check my Tumblr
first before my emotional, detached
adventure. I'm sure it won't
delay me much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD