Tonight's Poet Corner: Even the Good Ones

Even the Good Ones
by Belinda Roddie

Even the good ones have bad moments,
and the honest ones tell lies,
white as a baby's molar. Even the
morally strict sometimes cheat, swayed
by the thoughts of those friends they believed
were better than that. The faithful feel lust,
and the quiet ones scream so loudly that
dust settles when the wind has stopped gusting.

I, too, have my rotten times,
and my sour times, and my toxic times.
I have pressured people into doing wrong.
I have hurt others by trying to help others
for the wrong reason. The worst part is that
we're all expected to be perfect, under
the scope of a camera lens blinking back
tears on too hot of a city night. We need to be
on our best behavior, or our lives are wrecked.
Which is sad when you pluck the scraps away,
because in the end, even the good ones
have bad moments sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues