Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Whew! A lot of big things have happened in my life during the past week, so let's slam 'em out before I get too tired and crash on my bed!

Okay, so first of all, my girlfriend is living with me. Like for reals living with me in my parents' place. Yes, we are searching high and low for apartments. It's tough, and we're being asked a lot of questions because I know landlords and apartment owners have been burned in the past. But we're still truckin' onward and trying to find a place. Because we really, really need to get out of my hometown.

My girlfriend has started her new job as a receptionist at an optometry office, and it sounds like she really likes it! It's a 9-5 job that pays well, and it's a great step in the right direction for both of us in terms of income.

I am still working my temporary scoring job (which has plenty of fun anecdotes if you're willing to have a cider/beer with me and listen to my ramblings), and I've received nothing but positive reviews. While the trek for a full-time job is arduous and not very fruitful at the moment, I have lined up at least one interview, and I'm working very hard to get back into education. I am so very thankful for those at my current gig and their support, so now it's time to take that kindness and expand it toward a permanent job that I can hold down for more than a year!

In other news, my sister is having a blast with her boyfriend and starting her next theater project. I completed Chapter Nine of my newest novel. The political landscape of my country is terrifying, and my anxiety is completely and frustratingly unproductive. But, all in all, most importantly - I'm moving forward. Yes, some of that movement is stumbling, tripping, clawing my way up any particular slope or incline. But there is progress. And I will fight my very hardest fight to ensure that the only direction I go is up.

It definitely helps that my girlfriend is here. Her presence is extraordinary, and I thank her for her constant encouragement and confidence in my skill set, drive, and personality traits. You're amazing, mo chuisle. Don't ever change.

So here's to progress. Sometimes, life is like a treadmill and you walk consistently in the same place for too long. But other times, the treadmill becomes a road, and you finally start seeing the number of miles to your destination grow smaller and smaller with each task and step toward a fulfilling, productive life.

And I'm not giving up.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.
- Joss Whedon

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues