Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So guess what, my handful of readers? Guess what, guess what, guess whaaaat?

I don't have to work at a large retail store anymore. I'm going to be working at a bookstore!

Yep, a bookstore that has six other locations in my state is opening in the city just south of my hometown, and I happened to be hired as a bookseller. While the job for now is temporary, my new boss told me he liked me from the start and got nothing but positive vibes from me during the interview. In short, I'm pumped.

This means a better schedule, an easier place to commute to by bus, and of course, a chance to work with books and promoting reading to children. It may not be a teaching job, but my God, it's totally up my alley.

In the matter of a week, my girlfriend, my sister, and I are all employed. We've been looking at apartments and finding some gorgeous places to apply to. Things are looking up, and it's one of the most awesome feelings I've had in a long time.

Oh, and one of my favorite holidays, Halloween, is coming up, so that's a plus, too. My costume's ready, and I'll be going to my girlfriend's house for her parents' party next weekend. Stoked about that, too.

Whoever has sent me good luck this whole time - thank you. I couldn't be happier with the new step I'm taking in my life. I'm celebrating, but I'm also buckling down and getting ready to work again. It's time to prove myself to these bookstore people, and I'm going to give it everything I've got!

Writer's Quotation of the Month:

A little talent is a good thing to have if you want to be a writer. But the only real requirement is the ability to remember every scar.
- Stephen King

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues