Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Things I've accomplished in 2013:

- Finished an entire year's worth of AmeriCorps service
- Passed both the CBEST and the CSET on the first try
- Paid off an entire student loan (out of many), bringing my debt down to about twelve thousand dollars
- Successfully completed a temporary job with high accolades
- Moved into my own apartment with my sister and my girlfriend
- Started a new job at a bookstore
- Continued to contribute to this blog regularly with few delays and no missed dates
- Kept in touch with close friends, present and past
- Maintained close relationships with my family while gaining financial independence

Things I need to accomplish now in 2014:

- Apply for single subject teaching credential programs
- Find more opportunities to further supplement my income
- Be more productive in terms of publication opportunities
- Complete (or at least continue) my third novel
- Begin collaborating on projects for a freelance production group with my sister and my girlfriend
- Continue paying off my undergraduate loans
- Become more active in both my political and social spheres
- Restart my songwriting and composition projects
- Play more guitar and sing more
- Focus more on being healthier than being thinner, while accepting and loving myself physically

There's obviously a lot more I have in mind besides that list. Luckily, it's nice to be able to condense my successes - along with my to do's - into points that I can easily access and present.

Whatever happens, whether or not I succeed or stumble on any of my adventures (because I don't like calling them resolutions, as "resolutions" always get broken), I am planning on making 2014 a big year, a good year, and a progressive year.

Wish me luck, and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I write for the same reason I breathe ... because if I didn't, I would die.
- Isaac Asimov

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues