Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So, after heartily enjoying Pi Day with my sister and my girlfriend, here is the scattered shrapnel of my week.

Mainly, similar stuff to what I talked about last week. I went to the orientation for SSU's teaching credential program, and again, my going into this program heavily relies on what potential financial assistance I get. I may possibly be going back into an education job, albeit a temporary one, to supplement my income from the bookstore - interview's on Monday. Of course, I'm still working and writing - I'm on Chapter Five in my sci-fi novel, so I'm excited about that. And really, that's about it.

This is just the way introspections fluctuate, my dear few readers. Some weeks are more interesting than others.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

I never asked Tolstoy to write for me, a little colored girl in Lorain, Ohio. I never asked [James] Joyce not to mention Catholicism or the world of Dublin. Never. And I don't know why I should be asked to explain your life to you. We have splendid writers to do that, but I am not one of them. It is that business of being universal, a word hopelessly stripped of meaning for me. Faulkner wrote what I suppose could be called regional literature and had it published all over the world. That's what I wish to do. If I tried to write a universal novel, it would be water. Behind this question is the suggestion that to write for black people is somehow to diminish the writing. From my perspective there are only black people. When I say 'people,' that's what I mean.
- Toni Morrison

Yep...the quotation this week was longer than the actual introspection. Nicely done, me.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues