Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Watched a high school production of Beauty and the Beast tonight. It was cute. I thought the show was fun, and it was the first time I ever got to saw it live. And for some reason I want to play Belle...? Keep in mind, I never wear dresses. Yet somehow, I think I can forgive a dress on me for the sake of this role.

It's weird because I haven't officially been in a show since 2007. Yes, I've done little film performances, especially in my girlfriend's videos. But I don't do a whole lot of acting. And I have kind of mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really do love acting and wouldn't mind performing in some of my own projects. On the other, I don't want to be in a company play because I have to audition. I hate auditioning because I think, in many respects, I don't show my real, natural attitude in front of a group of critical onlookers.

Who knows. Maybe one day, I'll be onstage again. Hell, I've never been in a musical - that could be fun. For now, however, I'll be writing and playing music and having little moments of acting on little films.

Good enough for now, I suppose.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Don't worry about meaning. If a story's any good, it can't help but have meaning. Let the PhDs tell you what your story means.
- William Kittredge

Have a great night and great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues