Tonight's Poet Corner: In Love With The Stranger Living In My Mind

In Love With The Stranger Living In My Mind
by Belinda Roddie

You are caught in the folds of my brain
like a popcorn kernel lodged between
my teeth. The more I try to kiss
you away, the deeper you burrow
into my psyche, a permanent
yet fickle fixture beside the factory
that brews up dreams while spewing smoke
as dense and thick as my anxiety.

You will not go away.

Even when I am asleep, I feel you tugging
on the sinews of my subconscience, a small
piping voice urging me to stay awake, to
get up and walk to the nearest corner, wave
down a taxi, and soar north where I can
make a new home for myself, with you. And
only you, wedged within me, breathing my
breath, pulsing with my blood, bloated
with my awkward and irrational fantasies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues