Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Unfortunately, it's been another rough week. While there is some good news with my loan deferment and my class going smoothly, this week has been Anxiety Week all around. From climate change to Ebola in the United States, my brain has latched onto anything it can to render me unable to function as a normal human being during multiple moments of the day.

It also doesn't help that I have a massive insect bite of some kind (wasp sting? Spider bite?) and then, after icing it, gave myself some kind of welts or something. Hives from the cold? I dunno. They're fading as I type this, but let's just say I get an A++ for taking care of myself so darn well.

The good news is, I believe I'm finally pulling myself out of the anxiety slump and back into writing mode. This afternoon, right before work, I went on a writing spree and began Chapter Two of my new novel. While of course, I wish I could've gotten a lot more done, I know I'll probably do some writing possibly tonight and definitely tomorrow, since I have most of the day off. This is a gigantic improvement for me over the past few weeks, and it makes me feel confident that this is an upward trend. Maybe, if I think about it, August through November is the most productive time for me to write. I don't know if it's the weather or the environment or the people around me, but Hell, I wrote two novels between those months back in 2012, and August through November was also the time last year that I worked on The Authoritarian Auction the most. So, who knows, perhaps it'll be a trend.

So...yeah. That's really about it, in a nutshell. I'll be by myself in the apartment for most of the weekend - sister's in a city just north of me, and fiancée's at her parents' place until Sunday. Hope I don't get too lonely - if so, well, I'll have to find ways to entertain myself, won't I? Oh, and homework. I gotta do that, too. And by that, I mean I have to spy on...I mean, observe teenagers. Not creepy at all, right? ...Right?

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

A word is a bud attempting to become a twig. How can one not dream while writing? It is the pen which dreams. The blank page gives the right to dream.
- Gaston Bachelard

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues