Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

A lot of things are open-ended now about my life. My first semester of credential classes is almost over. I will be taking a leave of absence from my university for the spring in order to focus on work and rebuilding my savings account. Whether or not I will manage to get a second job is up in the air. I am continually talking about my future wedding, which Arden and I are scheduling for the year 2016 (so we have a lot of time). And all of this being on my mind the day after Thanksgiving, and heading right into the Christmas season, one of my admittedly favorite times of the year.

A lot of things have changed for the better for me this year. My store has a better manager. I'm engaged to the love of my life. My sister has found someone who appreciates her for who she is. My family, while going through tough times, remains resilient and loving. Financially, we're scraping by. Artistically, I'm going okay. NaNoWriMo is always a welcome opportunity for me to write, and being able to see my friend José again has allowed me to go back to my musical side a bit more.

I know the path I am on. I know that I am trying to become a teacher, and I know that I will do my best to keep writing. I know that I will hold onto my bookstore job for a while until something in my life bends the road a bit. But what lies on the road specifically is uncertain. There's a lot of stuff in my family life, in my friend circle, in my living situation, that hangs in the balance. I know what's going to happen, but I also don't know. I know how random life can be, and how many strange obstacles it can throw in my path.

I guess that, while I'm thankful for my family and loved ones and coworkers and job and credential program, I wish I could say I had enough stability to be thankful. I get it. I'm young, and I'm in a state of flux. I just never thought I'd say I wish for some stability, especially since in the next hour, I might be "debating" dropping everything and fleeing to Ireland to be a wanderer in the European boonies.

I won't actually do that. But that's the tug of war I get between my homebody side and my adventurer side.

...I'm going to sleep now. Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone. I'm especially thankful for you, my few readers. Thank you for your attention and love.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues