Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Two days ago, I finished my second mini-series, "Full of Grace." This means I now have a completed seventeen-episode series ("Happy Distribution") and a seven-episode series, both reflecting on a certain part of my life and my mentality. Again, I have always had a penchant for writing "what if" scenarios, which, in my opinion, make up most of the scope of fiction's purpose.

This leaves me with a slightly cleaner slate. I say only slightly because I have several unfinished projects that I'm not sure I'll get back to any time soon. The Authoritarian Auction remains unfinished, as do my sci-fi fiction and my NaNoWriMo submission. One novel I tried to write, called Home Is That Way, was dead in the water before I even finished the second chapter. That's par for the course, I'm sure, but for now, with one major project finished, my mind is elsewhere.

Mainly, I'm thinking about production aspects. It's obvious that I don't just want to write mini-series or webseries - I want to see them actually made. Clearly, I don't have the money, experience, skills, or connections to even be remotely close to making that happen. It's driving me up the wall, as a result. I know I have to start from the bottom and really work my way up if I want to see any of my work come into fruition - especially if it's got to do with film. Maybe I'm just selfish for wanting it to be easier and just fall into my lap. Or maybe I'm just human.

For now, I'm juggling job aspects, awaiting news on my site placement for my future student teaching, and desperately trying to read more books so I can do some more blurbing. I had bitten off a lot more than I could chew a month or so back, but because of that, I lapsed back into a more easy-going form of living - which is not really my style. Again, I have to make sure that fire under my ass remains hot. And if I can't keep it hot by actually pushing my finished projects forward, I have to keep it hot by writing more and getting more completed stories and scripts under my belt.

We'll see what comes of all of this. Because damn, do I have a lot to muddle through.

Writer's Quotation of the Night:

Be sure not to discuss your hero's state of mind. Make it clear from his actions.
- Anton Chekhov

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD