Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

It has been a roller coaster of a week. The beginning was not so great, with news that my student loan deferment had been removed and a trip to the clinic for a tetanus shot after stepping on broken glass. The middle was uneventful, which is better than bad, in any case. Today, for the most part, was all right. I have been working toward a specific second job and they seem to like me, though I'm not sure how many more times I will be asked to come in before anything happens. Fingers crossed that I'll manage to snag something.

Tonight was a doozy. I have opinions about it that I will mostly keep to myself, for the sake of maintaining privacy. Let's just say I realized some things: That one, I don't really have a friend I would really consider extremely close to me, save for my fiancée and my sister. Don't get me wrong, I have friends I adore and talk to and love being around, but I have never really had a best friend who isn't A. related to me or B. engaged to be married to me, or who I could say I could totally confide in or consider a partner-in-crime. Whether or not I'll ever find a friend like that - or whether or not I'll realize that a friend I already have is that friend - is hard to say.

I haven't started any new writing projects, though some ideas have been floating around that I have yet to anchor down into something tangible. I'll of course keep you guys posted. For now, good night, have a great weekend, and here's hoping for a better tomorrow. Much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues