Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

So, while last week was smooth and pretty great, this week was just a whole ball of crazy.

First, my St. Patrick's Day came with a good ol' trip to the doctor. Wound up with an infection in my armpit that could have definitely become an abscess if I didn't get it treated. Good thing I started taking antibiotics, though, because my sister was the first person in my family to get strep throat!

Not an accomplishment to put on her résumé, that's for sure.

The main thing that's been driving me up the wall this week, actually, is the fact that my job outlook is in a really frustrating limbo right now. I'm waiting for calls, reference checks, schedule updates, and it all throws a wrench into how open I can be to pick up shifts. I'm really, super excited for certain prospects, but having them so up in the air does cause some confusion and chaos in my daily life. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that certain things come into fruition.

Oh, and did I mention I had a student loan deferment snafu and finished a brand new play in fewer than twelve hours? Because I did. The second thing was awesome. The first, not so much.

Anyway, tomorrow is a special day because my fiancée and I are going to an art and garden center for a tour, because we want to get married there! Our respective moms will be accompanying us. I'm really looking forward to the visit, and I hope everything pans out the way we want it to for our wedding in October of 2016. Wish us luck!

And apart from that, as always, have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues