Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

It's been a good week. No, this will not be as long as my last introspection, but allow me to get all gushy and talk about some things and people that I'm so grateful for.

Like two of my friends from college, Sarah and Ron - thank you for swinging by my town and having lunch with me. It was awesome to catch up and confirm that you'll be going to my wedding. Don't worry, it'll be fun.

Also, my new family at my second job - you guys are amazing. I am having a blast working with you all and can't wait to see what comes next in the future.

And my hair stylist, Maureen. You are such a BAMF for embracing my desire to take a risk and giving me a wonderful pixie cut. As we both say, you make me look veddy veddy bee-yoo-tee-ful!

My father deserves a shout-out, too, for having a coffee outing with me and catching up and just all around being an amazing man. I love you.

Another friend, Rae: Thank you. You know what we talked about tonight over dinner and drinks. You know how you helped me. Thank you.

Arden, love of my life. I'm happy that you play with my new haircut, that you came with me to the work party at the bowling alley, that you decide to just be you - I can't wait to marry you. Thank you. I love you.

Okay, is the sap gone? Did I clear my arteries of the sugary syrup that was clogging them? No more extra sweetness? Okay, then it's bedtime.

It was a good week, and it's going to be a good weekend. I have been with my fiancée for four years, officially engaged for one year. It's gonna be a fondue night, and we're going to have a wonderful time.

As for you guys, have a great night and a great weekend as well. Much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues