Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Welp. It's that time of year again. Time for another birthday. This upcoming Sunday (yes, also on Father's Day. I know. That's happened a few times), I will be turning twenty-six years old.

Quite frankly, I prefer being twenty-five. It's a solid age, and I got a lot done at that age. I wrote two new plays and a potential mini-series, I started a second job, and I finished up a year of my teaching credential classes. I met a lot of new great people, and I get to say that I've been engaged to my beautiful fiancée for over a year. Twenty-five was, for the most part, a really good year. Not a bad quarter century mark.

Twenty-six, I'm sure, will be just as good. I'm just picky about numbers, I guess. Meh.

I got enough grant and scholarship money to continue going to my school and will be student teaching in the fall. I have started a potential writing collaboration product with a bookstore coworker of mine - we'll see. I've been able to get most of my anxiety under control, and above all, I've been pretty damn happy. Becoming more productive and getting more done has done a great deal of good for my energy and creativity. I just hope it gets better from here.

So, tomorrow is my sister's going away party, since she's moving to Philadelphia. After that, on my birthday, it's wine tasting and cake with my family. So for now, I'm going to get off the computer, play a game with my sister and her boyfriend, and take it easy for the rest of the evening.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD