Tonight's Poet Corner: Beauty and the Butch

Beauty and the Butch
by Belinda Roddie

I'll be the knight in shining
leather, riding a motorcycle through
valleys turned to gold by Midas's
touch. The drought may have burned
the brooks away, but we still have time

to ride to where there's rain and boats
circling a castle where the freeway is
submerged. First, though, it's a stop
at the dyke bar on Fifth and Elm.

Drink your mead, my lady. It's served
to you by a commoner with big boobs
and curly hair. She flirts, but your eyes
are on me. She dances, but your mind
is on me. The dragons swarm, and that is

when I grab your hand. We'll escape
under the pretense of sharing
a smoke outside, where I'll kiss the ash
out of your hair, you'll straighten your
bandana tiara, and we'll chase

crescent moons to Camelot where
the treasure troves are bottles of
beer and thick bison burgers and
cold, cold water in a jar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues