Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Busy but exciting week! This upcoming Tuesday, I will be officially teaching a lesson plan for the first time at my student teaching site. I have a brand new student at my teaching job on Saturdays. I've been exhausted, stressed to high heaven, and sometimes pushed to low moods, but it is all worth it. I know it is.

My fiancée and I both have a lot on our plate. And it's not just planning the wedding, obviously. We both have a lot to do workwise. We have a lot of creative goals that we feel like either we're not reaching or we just have to keep putting off (or both). We sometimes feel like we can't get a second to just relax and breathe without anxiety. And to top it off, our rent's being hiked on us. But as my dear Arden has said to me, "We can do this. I know we can." And I agree.

The fact that I am still updating this blog daily is a reminder of how much I can do writing-wise despite my schedule and my obligations to my two jobs and to my teaching credential. One of my mentor teachers was actually impressed by the fact that I write at least something every day. When asked how I do it, I replied simply, "Self-discipline." I may not be disciplined in some ways - my diet is lackluster, I leave things to the last minute, and I don't always exercise, for example - but writing-wise, that is something I'm immensely proud of. And self-discipline will get me a long way in everything I'm doing, especially since I am improving on my organization skills, my planning, and my problem solving.

I'm going places, guys. And I'm damn happy about it.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues