Tonight's Poet Corner: My Apologies

This poem was actually co-written by me and a classmate of mine as part of an exercise in our content instruction class (we're both striving to be English teachers in the SSU teaching credential program). It is based off an actual apology I've made (repeatedly) to my fiancée and written as a poetic dialogue in a William Carlos Williams style. Enjoy.

My Apologies
by Belinda Roddie
and
Krista Robertson

A:

I just wanted to say, love,
I’m sorry for

yet again

soaking the bathroom mat as I stepped out
out of the shower tonight.

Not that there’s really too much
I can do about that, considering

I can’t exactly
dry myself off
until I’m out of that

Blessed
Warm
Mist.

B:

Dear,
I look at the steam on the mirror
and the Slow
Cold
Puddle on the floor

I wonder:
Should I mop?

A:

Shit,
it got on the floor?

My bad, babe.
I’ll be more careful next time.

Perhaps
we should have a basin
I step into every night,

and we’ll collect
the drippings

for the flowers outside?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues