Tonight's Poet Corner: Soulsplosion

Soulsplosion
by Belinda Roddie

Oh, God, it's everywhere - neon
splatters on the walls - tattoos of
past hopes on a chair leg's splintered
flesh - rainbow skidmarks from fleeing
the scene too fast - too fast - too fast -

I am incapable of stopping the eruption
of volcanic emotions from my opened
chest - I am hopeless to stop it. Fucking.
Hopeless.

When will I stop breathing ash without
ever touching a cigarette? When will
the tears I cry stop scalding my skin
as they steam along the sides of my nose?
I am hot, I am cold, I can burn bridges and

freeze hearts. I am a bunsen burner out of
control. I am chemicals in a closed vial,
waiting to eat through the glass in a vibrant,
colorful geyser that leaves nothing but a mess
and a miasma of spite in the laboratory. Seratonin

and dopamine and love and promises with just
a hint of something strong in my system.
Take off that coat, doctor, it's not
white anymore. Lock the doors behind
you and leave me the fuck alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues