Tonight's Poet Corner: Collaborative Poetic Effort

Collaborative Poetic Effort
by Belinda Roddie

I've got a chandelier swinging from
the ceiling of my mouth, kept in a little
penthouse in my soul - got those metaphors
from a student and fellow teacher. They came
up with them to the sound of a ping pong ball.
Chandelier's the only original image I could add

to the architecture they set up in my brain - which
I guess is a cerebral castle, with turrets where I keep
my dreams, and with a dungeon for all the secrets
I will forever keep from anyone else.

But don't bring the tongue into the meter - that
was enough to make that same student take a lap
around the school to wash his mind of the
complexity of the mirage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues