Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

On Tuesday, May 24th, I celebrated the fifth anniversary of my first date with my fiancée and the second anniversary of our engagement. It's amazing to see how far we've come.

When I started this blog, Arden and I had only been dating for almost four months. She was still attending university in Southern California, and I was still job hunting and receiving rejection letters for my completed novella. Since then, we've managed to survive two years of long distance, move into an apartment together, juggle different jobs, deal with school and class schedules, and deal with several adult responsibilities and anxieties. We have coped with one another's major flaws and issues - Hell, we've even had quite a few arguments. But we continue to strengthen our love for one another and become a better couple for it.

Five years. Five years I would never trade for anything. Five years since this wonderful woman walked into my life and changed everything for the better. God, I love her so much.

Now we are about four months away from our wedding. The planning has had its ups and downs, and I'm hoping that within the next two weeks I will be hearing about my custom made suit. In the meantime, however, Arden and I are catsitting for her parents, so we get a whole house to ourselves for the extended Memorial Day weekend. Considering all the stress I've dealt with regarding not just my life obligations, but also the major social and global problems my country and others are facing (fucking...election! Horrible and disgusting presidential candidates! Aaaaaagh!) - a brief vacation like this is exactly what I need. I'm going to be taking it easy, and I'll be staying away from obsessively reading political articles, too!

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone. Of course, don't forget to honor our soldiers who have fought and died for our country ('Murica) - as well as our soldiers who have come home and need our support. Much love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues