Tonight's Poet Corner: Still Going Strong

Still Going Strong
by Belinda Roddie

Five years of sweaty fingers
slipping against a keyboard. Five
years of laughs and musings, of
bad days and regrets and hopes. Over
two hundred fifty stories told, short
and sweet or longer tapestries, and
over a thousand poems to boot. A
solid two hundred sixty-one solstices
settling on the screen, and one hundred
and three tales hugging ten words to
their chests. Nearly two thousand
wandering OneWords bubble up
in this champagne I've poured for
myself during my self-congratulatory
anniversary.

I mean, Hell, it's worth it. I'll sip
the metaphorical carbonation and
enjoy the sweetness. Five years, I've
stood on my cardboard balcony and braved
the winds and storms. No upgrade needed,
and even when things change, this author
will spill out lingual adventures whenever
they get the urge to escape.

Today, September 14th, 2016, marks the fifth anniversary of my first post on My Cardboard Balcony. Thank you to those readers who have either been here since the beginning or grown to appreciate my work later on. I am so happy to be continually writing, be it tiny tidbits or larger projects. It's what I love to do, and it's what I'm going to keep doing, even when I have nothing else. Writing is just that important to me.

Hugs and kisses to you all!


Belinda Roddie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues