Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

I love my wife. I love her. She is the most amazing, compassionate, creative, and fun person I know. I love every part of her, physically and emotionally. Even the idiosyncrasies, or the habits, that drive me nuts, I love.

I love how we can cook each other dinner and sing silly, improvised songs. I love how we can drink sake together and talk about anything - anything! I love the fact that she listens to my stories and encourages my passions, and I do my best to return the favor.

I love that we can go to the gym together, and I feel like I have a buddy to help me get fit. I love how we can expose each other to different experiences - I'm going backpacking for the first time because of her! I love that she laughs at my jokes, even if they're not funny (hey, she said she'd laugh in her vows). I love that she collaborates with me artistically, even if she doesn't always dig my ideas, and helps me with my writing.

I love her laugh, her smile, her goofy nature, the way we can play and be adults at the same time. I love the way we look at each other in any situation: Fondly, warmly, reassuringly. I love that she can make me feel like I'm worthy of this relationship. I love how she can keep me sane during dangerous and trying times.

I love that we've been married for five months now.

I love that it's only the beginning.

And I'm glad she chose me.

Thank you, Arden.

Okay, I'm done with the sap now.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues