Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

This week. Oh, good Lord, this week.

I just...where do I even start?

Do I even want to start?

Beginning with a record-breaking tragedy in Las Vegas (and not a good record to break, either), my week ultimately culminated in a string of dramatic moments and altercations at my job, leaving me no choice but to make incredibly tough decisions regarding some of my students. Said decisions will ultimately cause an inevitable administrative mess, so that does miracles for my anxiety.

Speaking of which, don't watch the "White Bear" episode of Black Mirror if your anxiety's already on the fritz. Seriously. That story was fucked up.

But at least there's a light at the end of this very, very dark tunnel. I got to see my wife play Hippolyta and a velociraptor-fairy (you had to be there) in A Midsummer Night's Dream, so that was fun. Tomorrow, I'ma get my hairs cut in my hometown and see my family. And Sunday is - you might have already guessed it - my one year wedding anniversary. So I'll be heading back to the city for a matinee and then taking the wifey out to a lovely dinner.

It really feels like I've been married for longer than a year, for positive reasons, of course. I really do love my wife, and she definitely helped me out this week when I was going through some really tough stuff. So I'm celebrating on Sunday, and I'm prepping for a better week starting on Monday.

I mean, it better be a better week starting on Monday.

I will seriously go mad if this upcoming week is not a better week.

Guh. That's all you're getting out of me, guys. I'm just...I'm just done with this work week, okay? I'm fucking done.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues