Tonight's Poet Corner: Introspection

Wow. It's already only three days before Christmas. Finals are done. Over one hundred pages submitted for the yearbook. Already, we've opened some presents from in-laws and friends, and now, we're about to have a rather busy week.

Tomorrow is my cousin's bridal shower, which actually is taking place in my town, so that's convenient. I'll get to see my sister for the first time in months, as she lives in New York. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the wifey and I will be staying at my parents' place, and we'll be at my aunt and uncle's place for the actual holiday with about a dozen people. It'll definitely be a bigger gathering than Thanksgiving - with a baby and some dogs to hang out with, too!

After that, it's Boxing Day dinner, and the day after, my sister and my brother-in-law will be having a party to celebrate both the holiday and their marriage. Needless to say, next week will be very festive and full of celebration. And I like that. I like being busy in a non-stressful way. I like being able to socialize with my family and friends on my own terms. And I'm happy to be reuniting with loved ones who I haven't seen in a very, very long time.

As I mentioned in my December 1st introspection, I know that Christmas is not for everyone. But I truly wish everyone a wonderful holiday, and next week, I'll be wishing you all a happy new year. 2017 was not an easy year overall, and scary times still lie ahead. But we've made it so far, and in my personal life, things could not be more exciting, inspiring, or fulfilling. I hope you've found excitement, inspiration, and fulfillment during these trying times as well.

Have a great night and a great weekend, everyone. And Happy Holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues